Monday, March 2, 2009

The 49th Street Galleria

I drove by the old 49th Street Galleria and wished someone would bring it back to its old glory days. I remember when I was young it was such a happening place. A great place for families during the winters and it had plenty of fun activities for all ages. I wonder what management was thinking when they let it become overcrowded with unruly teenagers.
In the later 90's It became the Utah Fun Dome, a crappy hollow shell of its past. During the past 8 years or so it has been some giant buffet and also a veterinary clinic.
I wish somebody would reinvest in this great activity palace and make it an iconic venue for families again. If I had the money I would do it myself. Maybe I could put together a business plan. We need something to compete with Boondocks. Plus pure nostalgia would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment